‘Dhurandhar was this year’s biggest non-English film globally on Netflix,’ says co-CEO Ted Sarandos

After rewriting box office records and finding a strong audience on streaming, Ranveer Singh-starrer Dhurandhar has achieved another milestone. Netflix Co-CEO Ted Sarandos has praised the Aditya Dhar directorial, revealing that it emerged as the most-watched non-English film on the platform globally this year.

‘Dhurandhar was this year's biggest non-English film globally on Netflix,’ says co-CEO Ted Sarandos

Speaking at Express Adda, Sarandos highlighted the film’s remarkable international reach while also reflecting on India’s growing influence in global entertainment.

Ted Sarandos praises Dhurandhar‘s global streaming success

During the conversation, Ted Sarandos revealed just how strongly Dhurandhar performed on Netflix after its digital premiere. “Dhurandhar was the most-watched non-English movie in the world this year. Bigger than every other English [movie] and second only to the US and the UK in terms of watching,” he said.

“India has that moment all the time”

Sarandos also addressed a question that is often asked about Indian entertainment’s presence on the global stage, particularly whether India would produce a worldwide phenomenon similar to Squid Game or La casa de papel (Money Heist).

Responding to the comparison, he said India has already been experiencing such moments, especially through cinema: “I hear a lot when I travel around the world, particularly in India, is like what happened with Squid Game, what happened with La casa de papel, when is India going to have that moment? And I say India has that moment all the time. It’s much more likely to be in cinema.”

He added, “I think, right now, because there is this enormous, beautiful, rich, long history of movies in India. I think when we came in and made Sacred Games, it was a whole different kind of television, so through most of the history and all that that’s coming through, it’s likely to come through in the form of cinema.”

R Madhavan credits Aditya Dhar’s vision

Sarandos’ praise comes shortly after actor R Madhavan spoke about director Aditya Dhar’s commitment to detail and the audience’s appreciation for it.

During a conversation with Gulte.com, Madhavan revealed that he initially questioned the extensive creative process behind the film.

“Can you imagine a project that is so lengthy, like eight hours, in which you have to invest time to add details you have in your mind, but which might be missed?” he said. He further shared, “Somebody told me that Aditya Dhar spent an extra Rs 10 crores for this peak detailing. Before the film’s release, I would have asked, who would watch all of this? Who would have thought about these?”

Directed by Aditya Dhar, Dhurandhar was released in theatres in December 2025 before making its Netflix debut shortly ahead of the theatrical release of its sequel, Dhurandhar The Revenge, in March 2026. The sequel is currently available to stream in India on Netflix and JioHotstar.

Also Read: ‘Operation Safed Sagar contributed over Rs 215 crores to Indian economy,’ says Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos

The post ‘Dhurandhar was this year’s biggest non-English film globally on Netflix,’ says co-CEO Ted Sarandos appeared first on Bollywood Hungama.



from Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/MYe7gHc

I am a fan of movies and I want to tell you how successful I have been in my endeavors to make even the best movies. Please comment and let me know so that I can upload the best movies in the world for you on this web. Thank you.

Similar Movies

0 Comments:

Featured Post

‘Dhurandhar was this year’s biggest non-English film globally on Netflix,’ says co-CEO Ted Sarandos

After rewriting box office records and finding a strong audience on streaming, Ranveer Singh-starrer Dhurandhar has achieved another milest...